Once upon a time, in a world away from the city, in the idyllic countryside of Ohariu Valley lies a charming and romantic hideaway offering an intimate retreat. Unwind in the romantic, cosy, self-contained cottage.
Only 20 minutes from Wellington CBD, situated in the privacy and surroundings of steep hills and peaceful farmland. Relax under the stars and take in the stunning stillness and beauty of the countryside.
An old army barracks building was moved to the property for shearers' quarters in the 1960's which has since been renovated into a cosy self-contained hideaway. The semi-open plan interior enhances the cosy atmosphere, and the spaces are furnished in a simple yet tasteful style.
This charming cottage is the perfect escape to unwind and relax in a country garden setting. Take your time wandering the beautiful gardens, say hello to the chirpy chickens, and unwind in this secluded spot with a stunning vista of undisturbed rolling green hills.
Whether you're a local looking for a Wellington stay-cation, or wanting to add a romantic touch to your visit to the capital, Ohariu Farm Cottage is a peaceful and special spot to be enjoyed.
Owner, Jude, is also wedding celebrant, including registry weddings which can be held in the picturesque Ohariu Farm Cottage gardens followed by celebrations at the Cottage itself. Click here to learn more about Jude's Celebrancy Services.
Ohariu Farm Cottage includes:
Ts & Cs:
- Queen size bed
- All bedding, linen and towels
- Continental breakfast, tea and coffee
- Two element stove, convection microwave oven, dishwasher
- Basic cooking equipment, crockery, and plenty of glassware
- Washing machine, iron & ironing board
- Check in 1pm, check out 10am
- Small dog allowed on request, fee applies $30
- The Ohariu Farm Cottage is located 20 minutes from central Wellington, or 10 minutes from Johnsonville at 184 Takarau Gorge Road, Ohariu Valley, Wellington
- Please note this is a rural setting , limited reception with certain providers , TV is discourage , please download if you are wanting any movies as we do encourage getting off grid and relaxing in the peacefulness of the country.
- Horse riding
- Country walks
- Nine-hole golf course
- Close to the bird song and nature
- Supermarket and restaurants a 10 minute drive away in Johnsonville
Ts & Cs:
- $225 Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- $225 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday two or more of these days $200 per night .
- Full payment is required in advance of your stay
- Bookings canceled within 14 days & no shows will be charged in full